ZWO ASI6200MM Pro c...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

ZWO ASI6200MM Pro calibration issues with Bin 2x2 images.

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@lead_weight)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I'm facing some calibration issues that I just don't understand. This was first light for me with this camera. I'm binning 2x2 when capturing as I don't need full sized images and want to save disk space.

Here's what I shot:

Lights HA 120s Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2

Darks 120s Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2

Bias .2s Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2

Flats HA 25k 1.39s ADU Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2

FlatDarks HA1.39s ADU Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2

This is my calibrated result every time. I've tried with bias, and flat darks, and both. I've tried flat ADU values ranging from 2k to 25k resulting in no difference. I've processed with Astro Pixel Processor, but also tried PixInsight with the same results. I'm wondering if the Binning has something to do with things being read incorrectly, as that's the only difference I'm seeing compared to other users.

Here's a zip of 1 frame of the above if someone can tell if there's a mismatch somehow or if binning caused the issue.

Screen Shot 2020 08 08 at 8.56.01 AM

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@lead_weight)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Solved! Turns out the offset on my darks did not match lights or flats. Reshooting darks fixed the issue.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Great and thanks a lot for sharing! The offset is a tricky thing I notice more often. 

ReplyQuote
Share: