The case of overcor...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

The case of overcorrecting flats, need help

97 Posts
7 Users
31 Likes
(@stastro)
Black Hole

Focuser Position!!!!!!  So it is pretty evident that the under/over correcting was being caused by the Baader filters, as the Chroma work fine with the EL Panel, this is the blue calibrated stack now

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @stastro

Focuser Position!!!!!!

What do you mean with that? Did your focuser move so the telescope was unfocused when taking the flats? If yes, how much was it moved?

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Black Hole

Posted by: @wvreeven
Posted by: @stastro

Focuser Position!!!!!!

What do you mean with that? Did your focuser move so the telescope was unfocused when taking the flats? If yes, how much was it moved?

It was out by around 16000 steps :-O

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@stastro That is awesome! So your filter gamble paid out. I now wonder if you get any word back from Baader regarding this.

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Black Hole

Well I sent an email to Thomas Baader, copying in my reseller, and guess what.....no reply, my reseller even copied in Lee Sproats, again no reply.  It seems that Baader's attitude is "This is how it is, so live with it"

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmm, that's not good indeed. I had the OIII issue with huge halos, apparently also a batch issue. It's not great advertisement for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@screetch82)
White Dwarf

Hi

i also have Baader CMOS opt. OIII filter and the following issue: 

WhatsApp Image 2023 08 11 at 21.38.53

no issue with skyflats, but with flat panel it just doesnt wanna work

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: