File storage questi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

File storage question  

RSS

Mike
(@zippy426)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 1, 2021 21:26  

Like many of us we are running into HD space issues at somepoint. My question is once APP creates master files (dark,bias,flat) am i able to delete the raw image files? Doing so will free up tons of space as sometimes i take 50-75 of each and if i can delete them all the better.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@annehouw)
Main Sequence Star Customer
August 2, 2021 18:07  

Yes you can. Once you have the masters and you have tested them, there is no need to keep the raw images.

I have a folder with a calibration library: MasterDarks (for several exposure times, MasterFlats (per telescope configuration) and one Bad Pixelmap. I make new masters every season (new Flats when the camera has been off the scope) and keep the masters labeled by season. Works for me.

ReplyQuote
Share: