Stacked image file ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Stacked image file FITS header no longer showing total exposure time in EXPTIME field

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

I just recently integrated some data files using the beta 4 release.  Looking at the FITS headers of the resulting integrated files I notice that the EXPTIME field shows 0 seconds.  I am sure in earlier releases this field used to show the total exposure time of the relevant stacked files:

Screenshot 2022 01 09 20.39.50

Also I no longer see a count of the number of underlying image files, noise stats etc.

I do not recall seeing anything to say this was a planned change so assume it is an error that has slipped through at some point.

Apologies if this has previously been reported and fixed in the latest release.

Regards

Mike

This topic was modified 2 years ago 3 times by mestutters

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

No response needed to the above query.  

I now realise that the image files illustrated above were not the original integrations.  They had been reloaded as Lights and then recalibrated using the Remove Light Pollution option in Step 2. 

Using this approach seemed to give a much better result once fully processed compared with removing LP after RGB combining the original integrated files.

Regards

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@mestutters

Okay, thanks Mike, I have put the topic on solved 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: