Multi session: not ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Multi session: not working anymore

11 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi.

It has been a while that I can't use multi session anymore (all beta versions): it is still happening with the last stable 1.083 version.

Every settings are default settings: I have been doing my flats and darks as usual for 2 years (up to 4 months ago everything worked).

Neutralize BG checked:

Thanks for your support

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Ippiu @ippiu,

I am not aware that there is a problem with using Multi-Session.Looking at he histograms in your screenshot indicate big data issues clearly.

Maybe you can give more details about what you are doing and share the data with me so I can test and solve it as quickly as possible?

Mabula

ippiu reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

I'm doing nothing different as I was doing before 4 months ago, where everything worked...

I created all master calibration frames with 1.082 or 1.083beta1. Then I press calibrate, then normalize and checked every frame. Then Integrate. All default settings.

But the strange thing is that all single session comes out perfect.

If you are so kind to check my files, I can upload to you some frames.

Thanks

Edit: I rerun everything with exact the same settings and files, and now is ok...

mmmhhhh. so strange and weird...

Could you please have a quick look at my files? Because it will happen for sure in the future...

Thanks for your help...Mabula...

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @ippiu,

Okay, that does sound weird...

Can you upload the complete dataset here:

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username and password: upload

Please make a folder with your name and issue and let me know once uploaded 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @ippiu,

Thanks, I have tested it, all seems to work normally. Perhaps something went wrong with loading the masters correctly for your multi-session project?

Make sure that all masters are attached correctly to the lights after 2) Calibrate, like this:

Frame List attached Masters To Lights

I get very nice results, nice data here Ippiu 🙂

No Issues

Mabula

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@ippiu.

Your data in terms of sky background and dispersion values shows a very weird pattern... I can not really understand it. There might be an issue here with the capture software or the camera somehow or maybe a filter was changed all of a sudden leading to this odd pattern.

If I make an analytical graph of your sky background values, it is shown clearly that on frame 12, where the 2nd session begins, it is much less dark which time can explain, but then later on at frame 21, it is much less dark allthough the according to the time when the exposure was shot it should be darker..

2022 01 11 18 25 52 analytical results St

Any ideas about what happened in the 2nd session with your gear and exposures?

Mabula

ippiu reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Thanks so much Mabula for your help...

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @ippiu

@mabula-admin

Thanks so much Mabula for your help...

You are most welcome @ippiu,

If you do encounter the issue that you had, please try to find step by step the way so it fails each time and produces the error. Then i would be able to solve it/explain it for sure 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mabula-admin

@ippiu.

Your data in terms of sky background and dispersion values shows a very weird pattern... I can not really understand it. There might be an issue here with the capture software or the camera somehow or maybe a filter was changed all of a sudden leading to this odd pattern.

If I make an analytical graph of your sky background values, it is shown clearly that on frame 12, where the 2nd session begins, it is much less dark which time can explain, but then later on at frame 21, it is much less dark allthough the according to the time when the exposure was shot it should be darker..

Mabula

Yes, I noticed this weird thing too...

Nothing particular happened. I think that moon makes the difference in the 1 session.

The fact that the target went down near the horizon where there is all lighr pollution from my city bortle 8 sky, for me is the other clue to interpret the strange pattern of the 2nd session...

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @ippiu
Posted by: @mabula-admin

@ippiu.

Mabula

Yes, I noticed this weird thing too...

Nothing particular happened. I think that moon makes the difference in the 1 session.

The fact that the target went down near the horizon where there is all lighr pollution from my city bortle 8 sky, for me is the other clue to interpret the strange pattern of the 2nd session...

Okay then @ippiu

ReplyQuote
Share: