Notifications
Clear all

Split colors APP 1.078  

RSS

(@maxsurlaroute)
White Dwarf Customer
March 30, 2020 05:46  

Hello,

With version 1.078, when I load my R, G, and B images previously divided from my RGB color images with "split channels", APP cannot automatically recognize the R, G, B header, they are consider as mono only. I am forced to assign them manually.

Is this normal? Did I make a mistake?

Thank you in advance and have a good day.

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Max Surlaroute

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
March 30, 2020 09:49  

When you split your channels, they will be mono indeed. That is because just R will be just R, it doesn't have GB to make up a normal 3 channel RGB image to display. But that is totally normal, if APP then recognizes it to be of the R channel, will depend on if the tag (R, G or B) is in the fits file, which I think it should be as you used APP to split the channels.

ReplyQuote
(@maxsurlaroute)
White Dwarf Customer
March 30, 2020 21:30  

I thought the same thing but since my request I have tested with versions 1.075, 1.076, 1.077 and 1.078.
As long as the color images are not divided with version 1.078 the header tag automatically recognizes each R, G and B image correctly.
So I compared the header tag of 2 divided images one with version 1.077 and the other with version 1.078 to realize that the problem probably comes from the fact that in version 1.078 the keyword "FILT-1" is in error and that we should find the keyword "FILTER-1"

When do you think? Can this be corrected?

Thank you in advance and have a good day,

Max

HeaderTagSplit0178v0177

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 4, 2020 10:46  

Mm, I have not had an issue with it as of yet, I'll ask Mabula if this might cause an issue somehow.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 4, 2020 16:00  

Ok, it is known and will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting!

ReplyQuote
(@maxsurlaroute)
White Dwarf Customer
April 4, 2020 17:30  

Thank you for the attention given to my request.

I am sure it will be appreciated by a majority of beginner to intermediate level amateur astronomers who use color CMOS / CCD cameras.

(@maxsurlaroute)
White Dwarf Customer
April 17, 2020 23:20  

Hello,

Great, with version 1.079 this bug is resolved.
Thank you and have a good day,
Max

Share: