Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sort by Average ADU

(@jeffreyhorne)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hello,

I image with the ASIAir Plus, which shows me the average ADU of each image directly after they've been taken. This is really helpful to me when deciding which subs to keep and which to trash, as sometimes it's hard to visually compare a perfectly clean sub to a sub that has some very thin cloud cover.

The problem is, the ASIAir only shows avg ADU value for the last sub that's been taken, and there's no way to save this information for later, other than monitoring the screen and writing it down after each sub is completed.

Is there a way to sort by avg ADU value in APP? This would save me a ton of time when sorting through my subs, and would help make sure that no subs make the cut that shouldn't cut it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@jeffreyhorne)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

I see this from another post:

"Adding to this, after APP has performed step 5, Normalize, you can sort the frames by sky background and create an analytical chart of the sky background. You can then easily identify the frames with clouds and discart those."

I think this is what I'm looking for. Does it matter what settings I use for normalization? I usually don't check "neutralize background". Does that matter?

Also, do I sort by "Background"?

Thanks!

Jeff

This post was modified 4 months ago by Jeffrey Horne

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@jeffreyhorne Hi Jeff, in general you can leave all APP settings to their default values and APP will figure out what to do. Why would you disable "neutralize background"? And yes, sort by "Background".

ReplyQuote
(@jeffreyhorne)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven the tooltip says that automatically neutralizing the background might remove some faint nebulosity, so I neutralize it manually using the light pollution tool. 

Thanks!

Jeff

ReplyQuote
Share: