SixteenBitsFitsConv...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] SixteenBitsFitsConverter error

14 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
 Deep
(@app3sashimi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello

with the beta 25 version I am getting this error during calibration. Can you advise?

Encountered error in module:                     
SixteenBitsFitsConverter

Error message: 
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot load from object array because "this.a" is null

Cause: 
Cannot load from object array because "this.a" is null
nI.a(SixteenBitsFitsConverter.java:73)
nI.doInBackground(SixteenBitsFitsConverter.java:17)
java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks

deep

Edit By Mabula: solved in 2.0.0-beta29

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Deep , @app3sashimi

That probably indicates a problem with 1 of your fits files somehow. Does it happen with all your fits files or just with 1? Maybe that file has been corrupted?

Feel free to upload the data on which it occurs and I  will have a look :

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username: uploadData

password: uploadTestData

Please make a folder with your name and let me know once uploaded 😉

Thanks.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Deep
(@app3sashimi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin 

That's what I thought too. But beta24 runs fine. I went back to it and it worked. I am using beta24 now. May be it should not have! I could not figure out which fit file it was complaining about looking at the log. I will try switching back to beta25 and if I see it again I will upload last 2-3 files the log shows. 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Deep, @app3sashimi

Beta25 has a small modification in the FITS converter to handle bad Siril data, so if this affects your data somehow, we need to know, so please let us know if you encounter it again 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Deep
(@app3sashimi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin What is the "Siril data" connection ? I am directly pulling the data from Camera. May be my ignorance 🙂 Does APP use some Siril components ? 

Also is there a way to get star masks out of APP like Siril does with the Starnet++ ?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Deep @app3sashimi,

No, we have no connection whatsoever with Siril. Some users that use Siril use APP and vice versa.

But I actually made a mistake, in beta25 nothing was changed in the fits converter, we changed something in the beta26 code which has not been released yet, relating to a data issue coming from Siril.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-2-0-0-beta26-release-notes-work-in-progress/#post-29555

Anyway, I wiill see if I can understand your issue in this case, if it happens again, please check the general console, it should point you to the problem file/image.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Deep @app3sashimi,

I have checked our code relating to the error message. This code is identical to beta24 and much earlier versions even. So your error is kind of weird, please let me know if it happens again 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Deep
(@app3sashimi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin Will do. I will install 25 back and see if I get it again.

Any thoughts on the  star mask question ? I actually often go from APP -> Siril's starnet integration for the star mask thing. Would be nice to do it all inside APP. 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Deep @app3sashimi,

Did you encounter the issue again or not?

Yes, star masks will be possible, it is on our list 😉 to work on going forward.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Deep
(@app3sashimi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin  I have not tried it yet. Shooting some photos this week. Will try over next couple of days. Thank you for checking.

regards

deep

ReplyQuote
 Deep
(@app3sashimi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin I have been using b25 on some data sets and have not seen that problem again. I will switch to b26 and will let you know if it happens again.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @app3sashimi,

Excellent, please let me know if it does occur again and on which file it occurs then as well.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @app3sashimi,

We have found that the issue is caused by corrupt files.

I have now build in a proper detection of this issue and the user will be warned that a certain file seems to be corrupt.

Thank you very much for reporting it.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Deep
(@app3sashimi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin . Cool. thank you.  By the way did you see my other question about saving and restoring working sessions. I asked it a while ago.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: