Simplest stacking m...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Simplest stacking method w/ no bells and whistles

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

I still use StarTools and that program requires 1:1 photon counts by default. Basically vit needs the least about of stuff done to the image. What can I do when stacking to ensure it is simply calibrated, registered and stacked, with no bells and whistles?

I plan to use both programs of course, and want to know what settings to uncheck or not use during stacking to obtain this

Thanks!

Adam

ReplyQuote
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula, still waiting for a reply. Any way you can advise what settings to use to not add any bells and whistles to the image?

Looking for a .fits stacked image that is as linear as possible to attempt to use in StarTools which needs data as raw as possible.

Thanks

Adam

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Adam @singding,

Apologies for the late reply.

I still use StarTools and that program requires 1:1 photon counts by default. Basically vit needs the least about of stuff done to the image. What can I do when stacking to ensure it is simply calibrated, registered and stacked, with no bells and whistles?

All integrations coming out APP are linear if you feed linear (raw) data into it. Any bells and whistles on integration would be Local Normalization Correction and Multi-Band Blending I think, but they merely remove seams and bad data normalization. The data does stay linear however.

Looking for a .fits stacked image that is as linear as possible to attempt to use in StarTools which needs data as raw as possible.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Linear is linear. It becomes unlinear if you apply a non-linear stretch to the data, which APP doesn't do on the integration data, so the integration result is as linear as it can be, really 😉

What does startools complain about if any? Maybe that will shed some light on your concern? (I don't use startools myself currently, but have done so in the past, so I know a few things about it).

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: