Checker Board patte...

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

Checker Board pattern when image is stretched.  

RSS

(@lfhiii)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
March 21, 2018 12:31  

Hello Mabula,

I just started using APP and was able to do all steps including integration and saving.   However, when I transfer the final, saved image to Photoshop in either fits or tiff format I get an overwhelming artifact.  As I stretch the image, a checkboard or Herringbone pattern becomes evident that overwhelms the image.  I have tried some different actions including drizzle but it still remains.  I am guessing that it might have to do with the registration of my QHY163C images   ..  BGGR   one shot color.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Leonard 

ReplyQuote
(@alexb)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 20, 2018 16:31  

Hi, I am getting the same colored checkered pattern after integrating my frames from an asi294 pro. I'm using the trial version of APP and have used pixinsight on this data with no issues. Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thx,

Alex

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
December 20, 2018 21:45  

Could you send the fits to me? vincent@astropixelprocessor.com thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@alexb)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 21, 2018 00:55  
Thank you Vincent, I redid the calibration integration process and this time it turned out fine using the defaults.

Share: