Renaming distortion...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Renaming distortion model

10 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@th-van-driessche)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I made a mistake in giving a name for a new distortion model. Can I change that name and if so, where do I find the file containing that new name when searching under Windows Explorer?

Thank you for your answer and best regards,

Thierry

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I have to say I never used a distortion model myself. It isn't stored in the working directory that you set for APP?

ReplyQuote
(@th-van-driessche)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

I have been searching within the directory C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ AstroPixelProcessor but couldn’t find any file that has the date stamp corresponding to the date I added the new distortion model.

I’d like to delete one old distortion model as well in the file I’m looking for.

Any other suggestion where to look at?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Is that your work directory? APP asks what directory you want to use for data processing at the start.

ReplyQuote
(@th-van-driessche)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

I have been searching in the working directory first but couldn’t find it there, therefore I have been searching in the installation directory of APP which is the one I mentioned in my earlier post.

Any other idea where to look for?

ReplyQuote
(@th-van-driessche)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

I meanwhile found the file: it sits directly under C:\Users\me as user\ under the name “APP-cameraProfiles.txt”

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Oh hey, that is weird. I'll pass this on to Mabula!

ReplyQuote
(@th-van-driessche)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

I modified the file meanwhile: I deleted 1 distortion model within the file and modified the name of the other distortion model. When looking in APP it looks fine.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, got word from Mabula. So the location of the profile is indeed correct, the thing is that a profile isn't dependent on a dataset or project so the profile is stored in the location of the license. It should be used carefully as well, especially when using telescope equipment. A profile works best when you have a regular camera with objective as this doesn't change. A Newtonian telescope for example, there the profile will change depending on things like collimation. It can be used to speed up mosaics for instance, but only when you can be sure of the profile staying exactly the same, so in general the advice is not to use it with telescope data.

ReplyQuote
(@th-van-driessche)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Thank you for the extra information. It seems indeed logic that a profile for a telescope is less predictable then for a camera with lens. I will see what I will do with one profile, which is a ZWO camera on my Celestron 9.25”.

Best regards,

Thierry

ReplyQuote
Share: