Remove Vignette Too...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Remove Vignette Tool... What am I doing wrong?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cdugger)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

This is a series of screen shots of the results I get when I try to use the tool to remove vignetting.  I get basically the same result regardless of the integration.   Any ideas of where things are going wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Screen Shot 2021 11 14 at 7.53.12 AM
Screen Shot 2021 11 14 at 7.54.13 AM
Screen Shot 2021 11 14 at 7.54.41 AM
Screen Shot 2021 11 14 at 7.54.55 AM
Screen Shot 2021 11 14 at 7.55.32 AM

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

ReplyQuote
(@cdugger)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I had already reviewed that tutorial and believe I am following the guidelines.  This is an RBG image from a Sony CMOS.  I have darks but no flats.  Light pollution tool and star calibration tool work fine.  I have tried all three of the models, and while the two KangWeiss are a bit better, I am still left with an unusable image, regardless of stretch.  Is is important to stretch it out to the extreme before using the tool? Am I oversampling with that many green boxes?   I also watched the video tutorial and can't see anything that I am doing differently

Thanks.... Not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have it work

Chris

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Chris Dugger

ReplyQuote
(@col)
Neutron Star

@cdugger

The vignetting tool is not so effective. Much better to go directly to the light pollution removal tool, which is takes care of gradients and vignetting and background neutralization in one go.

ReplyQuote
Share: