remove light pollut...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

remove light pollution on already processed picture mandatory???

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@juergenn)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi all,

following problem:

yesterday I processed my recent datas and ended up in a file  with lpc, cbg and SC (kill background color noise as described in https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/unlinked-stretch-option/#post-23655). Today I tried to continue the work and reloaded the lpc-cbg-SC file via "load other/processed" and wanted to do "calibrate star colors". I was forced to do again lpc/cbg so I ended up with a file xyz-lpc-cbg-SC-lpc-cbg!!!

Wouldnt it be possible to skip the second lpc/cbg since it changed my previous work (I had a picture of the blue horsehead nebula with many dark clouds in it)?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @juergenn,

I understand your issue, but if you apply selective color on an image, the calibrated background values as found before that step can actually be off due to the selective color work which would result in less good star color calibration. The data could actually be well away from a proper background calibration if you applied many steps in selective color... so in your case, do not start Remove Light Pollution again, simply start the Background Calibration before Calirbate Star Colors which is easy an quick 😉 and will ensure that star color calibration will work as intended.

Mabula

JuergenN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@juergenn)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

thank you for the explanation 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: