processing two sets...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

processing two sets of data

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@zurgany)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have two sets of data, a set from a year ago, lights, flats and dark flats, and another set from this year with lights, flats and dark flats, darks also.

Every time I process this data together, I get error, processing them separately goes without problems.

The error is attached.

What do I need and how to process such data? Difference between the two sets is temperature only!

APP

Thank you!

Jay

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@zurgany Hi Jay, what version of APP are you using exactly? The latest stable version for Windows is 1.083-4 and for macOS and Linux 1.083-2. Can you check and verify that you use one of those versions? If not, please upgrade and see if the problem remains.

Then about the processing. If there is a difference in temperature then you need to load the data plus the corresponding calibration data into two sessions. Are you doing that?

ReplyQuote
(@zurgany)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Thank you very much for the prompt response!

I am using v2 beta2 for windows.

Yes, I tried having them in 2 sessions, but that failed too! I do have separate calibration files. Processing the sets with their calibration files separately goes without problems.

Jay

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@zurgany If you process the two data sets separately then you can load the two integration results as lights (don't load any calibration files) and then go to tab 6 to integrate them together (remember that APP executes all steps up to the tab where you go without manual intervention).

Other than that, it seems that one of the two sets (probably the one with the lower temperature) contains files in which APP cannot detect enough signal to process the files properly. Not sure why this only happens when you load the two sets together but my suspicion is that APP applies the hotter calibration files to the colder lights.

ReplyQuote
(@zurgany)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I worked fine when I used the two integration results. it seems that it uses one calibration set for both data even though I chose two separate sessions! 

Thank you,

Jay

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@zurgany Would you mind sharing part of your data so we can investigate the issue? Please upload to

ReplyQuote
(@zurgany)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I just did! I created a subfolder for the old data!

Thank you,

Jay

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@zurgany I had a look at the data and I don't see a difference in the temperature at all. All lights have been shot at 0º C (give or take 0.1º which is negligible). Pity that you uploaded the master files when I meant to request the raw calibration data. Unfortunately APP doesn't store the offset and temperature data of the raw calibration frames in the masters so I cannot check them.

However, I see you used an offset of 8 which is much too low for the ASI2600MC. Where did you get that value from? Please increase to at least 30 and 40 probably would be better.

So, increase the offset and this warning will disappear. I am afraid that you'll need to shoot the lights again.

ReplyQuote
(@zurgany)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I now remember, I think with old data I had a filter, contrast filter or something like that.

About the offset, I use NINA and kept the default settings. I also believe, but not sure, I read that offset is not important anymore! 

I will change it to 50.

Thank you,

Jay

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @zurgany

I also believe, but not sure, I read that offset is not important anymore! 

If you can dig up the source of that then we would be most interested in reading about that. For APP it is important.

ReplyQuote
Share: