Power needed for AP...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Power needed for APP 1.083-beta2(Star reducer)  

RSS

(@zurgany)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 2, 2021 05:37  

It seems that at sliders certain set up levels, star reducer might work, so, the defaults the program starts with need to be working values.

Working with star reducer, I noticed that it consumed 20 GIG of the pc ram and still looking for more!!

I believe the sliders need to be at a reasonable value and they need to default to that value each time the software starts, the developer knows the best values needed.

Please see the attached picture and see how much ram this tool consumed and still asking for more!

Thank you!

SR ram

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 3, 2021 10:09  

Yes, thank you. The module will get improved for the next stable version and versions after that so we will take in as many quirks you find as possible.

ReplyQuote
(@b1sh0p)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
June 8, 2021 20:03  

Yep, this is definitly an issue....

APP OOM

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Main Sequence Star Customer
June 9, 2021 03:58  

I got an out of memory error trying to star-reduce a large image and I had 56GB RAM allocated !! 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 9, 2021 05:30  

Yep, Mabula knows about the resources it takes at the moment and is working on improving that for the next release. Thanks for the feedback!

ReplyQuote
(@b1sh0p)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
June 9, 2021 10:36  

Good to know 🙂 Is there a window when the next release will be ready?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 9, 2021 10:42  

Not an exact one, but Mabula promised to get back to approx. monthly releases again.

ReplyQuote
Share: