Optimum Disk Utiliz...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Optimum Disk Utilization

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@whixson)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hi all,

My new image processing workstation is at last being built by Velocity PC. The disk configuration will be a 1-Terabyte SSD boot drive, 2 1-Terabyte SSDs in RAID 0 configuration, and a 10 Terabyte mechanical HDD. 

My plan was to use drive 1 for software, the RAID array for all processing, and the HDD for bulk storage of all my raw files and final images. What I was wondering was, does it make sense to move all the image files for an object to the RAID array for processing or can I leave them on the HDD and just keep the working directories on the array? Or is there a better way to go?

Thanks, Wayne

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Good question, I think you can indeed load images in from another internal drive as long as your working directory is on your fastest drive. You may check using some disk utility perhaps to see where all the disk activity is taking place during processing to be sure.

ReplyQuote
Share: