Odd Result with LNC...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Odd Result with LNC again

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@gnomus)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I occasionally get odd results with LNC.  This is an Ha stack (13 x 1200s) - it is one panel from a wide view of M42/NGC1999.  I processed this in the sual way with BPM and Master Bias, Dark and Flat. 

This is the stack with no LNC:

Orion2 Small OK

And here are exactly the same settings, but with LNC Degree set at '1' and Iterations set at '3'.

Orion2 Small BAD

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

What is your camera?

ReplyQuote
(@gnomus)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

It's a QSI 683

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Steve

I occasionally get odd results with LNC.  This is an Ha stack (13 x 1200s) - it is one panel from a wide view of M42/NGC1999.  I processed this in the sual way with BPM and Master Bias, Dark and Flat. 

This is the stack with no LNC:

Orion2 Small OK

And here are exactly the same settings, but with LNC Degree set at '1' and Iterations set at '3'.

Orion2 Small BAD

Any ideas?

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for sharing.

That looks very odd, especially since only 1st degree LNC was used?

Can you send me the data so I can test what's happening?

I will work on improving LNC soon, so it will be very helpfull if you could send me the data so we can further improve the module 😉 

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gnomus)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Happy to Mabula.  What do you want?  All 13 calibrated and registered frames?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Steve, yes, that's perfect, then I can duplicate the behaviour and hopefully understand why it happens and remedy it 😉

You can send it to me using wetransfer.com  use support@astropixelprocessor.com as address

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gnomus)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

OK.  I just sent the files (zipped).  Neer used wetransfer before, but it all seemed to go smoothly.  I'll be interested to see how you get on.

Steve

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @gnomus,

I did download the files, haven't tested yet, but will sure do. First I need to release APP 1.057 (with fix for your multi-channel processing problem), then in APP 1.058 I probably upgrade the LNC tool 😉

Thanks for sharing 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: