Mosaic seems to be ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Mosaic seems to be adding artifacts  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 12:26  

Sure, if it indeed creates the problem for you then it should show what the issue is.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 12:33  

@stastro Yes, you can also just load in the integrated stacks, choose the mosaic functionality and go from there. That's how I do it usually.

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Main Sequence Star Customer
February 10, 2021 14:16  

@vincent-mod OK Let me try that, as I know the Separate Stacks do not contain the artifacts, so let's see what happens

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 14:28  

ok I clearly did something wrong, as the Mosaic of both stacks resulted in the image size being correct but only one of the stacks was used

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 14:44  

Ha, always interesting these things. 😉 Did you use all relevant setting for a mosaic? Like upping the nr. of stars, normalize to advanced and with LNC and MBB?

What APP version are you using btw?

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 15:16  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Ha, always interesting these things. 😉 Did you use all relevant setting for a mosaic? Like upping the nr. of stars, normalize to advanced and with LNC and MBB?

What APP version are you using btw?

Version: 1.082
Yep I have
Star Detection is set to automatic
Registration Mode is set to Mosaic
Dynamic Distortion Model set to Enabled
2nd Degree LNC with 3 Itterations
MBB set to 20 for 20% Overlap
Scale Stop set to 15

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 15:23  

Found the problem, my previous processing of M45 I had it set to 91% of frames, therefore it excluded one of the panels....processing again now

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 15:27  

Here you go, both Stacked Panels merged with Mosaic, no artifacts, at least I know I can do it this way which is much faster 😀

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 15:32  

Ah, I wouldn't have thought of that. 🙂 Good to know and indeed, I like to process my panels first and correct them nicely and only then I make the mosaic.

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 15:34  

After an LP Removal

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 15:41  

Excellent! Very nice.

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 15:42  

And even better if I perform LPC on each Panel before Mosaic

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 15:44  

Yes, that's how I do it as well. I notice that doing that gives a better data starting-point, so APP can do the normalization correction better and also the LP correction will have a better starting point. Usually I repeat the LP correction once more after the mosaic is created. LP correction is non destructive anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 15:51  

it's not as fun processing 62mpx frames to start with, so much more processing, and when there's lots of images like >150, the process takes a long time even with 18 cores and 128GB RAM at my disposal, even with Optane SSDs 😀

Maybe you should offload a lot more to the Graphics card, I have a 3070 GTX OC in my system

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 16:28  

Yes that is actually something we want to do, but that's very complex so it will be something for later.

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
February 10, 2021 21:20  

And the final processed

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 10, 2021 22:05  

Wow, that's certainly "amped up", very nice.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: