Milky way mosaic, h...

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

Milky way mosaic, how to attack this one  

RSS

(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
February 7, 2019 01:40  

Yes! Finally I have a question myself. 🙂

I'm wondering if I took the proper frames to make my milky way-shots into a large mosaic. I've tried multiple settings and projections, but the combining always ends up somewhere with a seam or repeats of stars. I went all the way up to MBB 25% as well, didn't help. Here are a few example subs, the first two combine together great, adding the third goes wrong. I have more shots where the milky way "turns over" and ofcourse that also fails. Who has an idea? (ps. I'm used to a way smaller FOV normally and this is way out of my comfort-zone).

(taken with a regular tripod, 28mm lens, canon 6da)

St avg 220.0s LNSC 1 3.0 none x 1.0 LZ3 NS full qua add sc BWMV nor AAD RL MBB5 1stLNC it1 lpc cbg St
St avg 220.0s LNSC 1 3.0 none x 1.0 LZ3 NS full qua add sc BWMV nor AAD RL MBB5 1stLNC it2 csc St
St avg 240.0s LNSC 1 3.0 none x 1.0 LZ3 NS full qua add sc BWMV nor AAD RL MBB5 1stLNC it1 csc St

This topic was modified 3 months ago 3 times by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
February 7, 2019 02:10  

I did find an older post (link) where the frames were first rotated before processing. Trying that now.. just wondered why that would be necessary for the registration engine.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
February 8, 2019 01:36  

Ok, excellent, solved it by reducing overlapping frames. Might be better in the future release and I will restack them if so. 🙂 Full resolution on Astrobin.

WebVersion

ReplyQuote
Share: