APP 1.071 Will Not ...
 
Share:

The problem with the data upload limit for attachments has been fixed. I have restored it to 30MegaBytes. A recent forum software upgrade was responsible for the changed limit. Please accept my apologies for missing this when upgrading the forum sofware, Mabula.

APP 1.071 Will Not Calibrate Lights - stops and reports an error  

  RSS

(@backroadrider)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Joined: 9 months ago
Posts: 7
07/02/2019 12:30 am  

I just installed APP 1.071 and it will not calibrate lights. 

After loading lights and master flats, darks, and bias frames, when I hit "calibrate" I get the following error message:

========================

Encountered error in module:
LightFrameCalibration

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

Cause:
1
df.a(Unknown Source)
df.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

=======================

I reloaded APP 1.070 and frames were calibrated as expected so the problem appears to be with APP 1.071.

One thought is that the master frames I am using were created with APP 1.070 - do I need to create new master frames?

Thanks!

 


ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 568
07/02/2019 12:37 am  

That shouldn't cause an issue no, when new master frames would be needed Mabula would make that a veeeery clear point. 🙂 

This is a programming error, Java is notifying about it and it's something for @mabula-admin to have a look at. Thanks for sharing!


ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 2111
11/02/2019 5:38 pm  

Hi @backroadrider (& @vincent-mod),

Masters of APP 1.070 should work in APP 1.071.

Can you please provide more information?

What settings do you use in 2) Calirbate and perhaps 0)Raw/FITS if needed?

What kind of data are you integrating ? is it color or monochrome data?

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions


ReplyQuote
(@backroadrider)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Joined: 9 months ago
Posts: 7
11/02/2019 9:00 pm  

Hi @mabula-admin,

Thanks for your reply.  

I have an idea that I have not been able to test.  This problem started after I used the latest version of Pixinsight's SubframeSelector process to analyze and save the image files.  It turns out the new process defaults to .xisf and also saves a thumbnail and some other "image information."  I had to use PI's batch conversion tool to convert them back to .fit files and I am betting something got messed up along the way. 

I am going to reprocess the original images and see if that solves the problem.  I will report back.

Steve


ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 2111
11/02/2019 9:20 pm  

Hi Steve @backroadrider,

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps one of those PI fits frames gives a problem then. In the console window you should be able to pick out which frame give the problem. If you can find it, I will be happy to have a look at it.

APP will do frame selection for you by the way, there is no need to do this in PI.

From 3)-5) APP will report all analytical results like star density, FWHM, noise, SNR. Before starting an integration you can also plot these results with your right mouse button on the bottom panel with all frame information. Then you can simply decide which frames need to be disregarded if any. You can also sort the frames on these analytical results, like sort on FWHM 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

 

 

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions


ReplyQuote
(@backroadrider)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Joined: 9 months ago
Posts: 7
11/02/2019 10:50 pm  

Thanks Mabula, @mabula-admin

Thank you for the tips; I clearly need to spend much more time with your excellent software!!

All the best,

Steve


ReplyQuote
Share: