Memory problem - co...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Memory problem - could I stack "in installments" 😉 ?

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@grzegorz-zwierzchowski)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi!

Great to be here and TNX 4 the great piece of software.

I got a problem with stacking large group of subs (about 800 subs), and it newer finises especialy when LNC is enabled . I was trying to complette the task on different machines with 16, 24, and 32 GB of ram. Every time - no memory error.... RAM is of course enabled for APP in settings.

Can I do the trick (using saved calibrated frames) and integrate groups of for example 25 frames and then stack the product ? It make sense ? What about noise ? SNR ? and all the statistic ? 

Another question on calibration area - I have prepared (on one run with all calibration frames loaded together) master bias, master dark, master flat,  master dark for flat, and bad pixel map. So, standard i think..

- but for my camera ASI071 - its significanly better not to use bias... i know it from practice...

So then if I procced with calibration (want to save calibrated lights only) and load only MD, MDF, MF, BPM, and I have info from console that MDark, MFlat and BPM is used its OK ? Lights ar not affected by Bias, and MD and MF are (from preparing masters using bias ?) So then its neccessary to prepare masters again - now without loading bias subframes ? Or can i use it. Want to be sure that biases are not redundantly used in the proces.

TNX !

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

800 subs! Now that is a lot indeed, I personally think it will be fine to do sub-stacks and combine those later into 1, but indeed... what about the statistics in such a case. For that I'll have to tag Mabula (@mabula-admin) as he's the maths-wizard. 😉

Your second question I have a bit of trouble understanding properly, sorry. So you can just calibrate all your subs without bias, just load it all in and only use MF, MD and BPM. But is your experience of not using a Bias based on processing it in APP or in other software? If the latter is the case I would still suggest to give it a go with APP as it uses some advanced statistics not to "damage" your results using that. You can also have a look at the statistics processing with and without, for instance by looking at the background-column values and SNR/Noise columns. And in the end just by eye ofcourse.

ReplyQuote
Share: