Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

LNC

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Are there any quality drawbacks when using higher degree order i LNC? 

/stefan

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@digitaliz-se Hi Stefan,

When you hover your mouse cursor over the LNC degree select box, you will see the following info:

Screenshot 2022 10 05 at 17.09.27

Does that answer your question?

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Not really. I was hoping to use 4th degree because I thought it would get better result than 1st. I assume that integration time and memory consumption will sufier instead.

/stefan

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@digitaliz-se Yes, integration time will be longer. Memory not per say. The instructions indicate that you should start at 1st degree and slowly increase. It is impossible to say if your data will be better with 4th degree or not without trying.

Why do you want to use LNC and why at such a high degree?

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven More complex math to solve the problem should yield a better outcome. That is  what I try to tell myself.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@digitaliz-se And what problem should the math solve in this case?

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Just better flat illumination since I shoot in a polluted area all night and all directions differ in LP, espeically when doing multisessions and stacking with different telescopes and filters.
Just curious if it would yield better image quality. Hard to tell in the final stack before you really stretch it. I’ve had good results just using 1st order of LNC. I always use LNC even if I only stack one session using same equipment. I’ve found it to yield better result than not doing LNC.

/stefan 

ReplyQuote
Share: