Issue with flats (s...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Issue with flats (split off from "Welcome to the Astro Pixel Processor Forum")

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kuban034)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin  hello , in new to app

my first image was 47 lights, 100 flat and 100 darkflat, I also used master bias and master dark, the flats were made with the ais air pro plus auto mode, and the image comes out with the background of the flat pattern, thanks

ic434 session 1 session 2

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@kuban034 Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forum. I have split off your question from the original thread since this is not related to that original thread.

Can you tell us more about your imaging gear and the images you took? What camera are you using? It looks like you used either an Ha and an OIII filter or a dual band filter like L-eXtreme. Is that correct? Were the lights, flats and dark flats all shot at the same temperature, gain and offset? What software did you use to take all those images? What was the exposure time?

Depending on your answers I may have more questions but I think you need to take bias as wel since APP needs those to perform flat calibration correctly.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@kuban034)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@wvreeven hi  thanks you for you answer ,my setup: zwo 294mc pro , asi air pro plus and auto flat mode , gain 121 temp -5c all the time ,30 offset . mount zwo am5 or skywatcher eq6rpro , OTA  zenithstar 81 or celestron 9.25 edge HD my flats are between 4 and 5 segs ( adu  around 32k to 34k), i use my tablet with a shirt ,we all know that pattern of the zwo 294mc pro ,yesterday for some recommendation I downloaded trial app ,with my optolong L Pro all good , better result than DSS 

i always use master dark ,master bias, master flat and master dark flat(  all those master was made in DSS couple week ago ) im testing APP  with my old data 

now when i stacked with the  dual band L ultimate or l extreme  that was the result

note:  with the l ultimate the flat exposure time was 6.5s and (adu 34k)

the image was with the  optolong  L ultimate 

have a nice day

This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Brian Diaz

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@kuban034 Thanks for the detailed reply. Using master files from DSS will not work. You need to use the raw data that were used to produce the masters. If you don't have the raw data anymore then you'll need to shoot them again.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@kuban034)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@wvreeven thanks for you help and recommendation , i will try and let you know ,have a nice day

ReplyQuote
Share: