Beta 2.0 Beta 6 Iss...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Beta 2.0 Beta 6 Issues

13 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@bobw55)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Very slow to bring up the file selection windows when loading Lights, Flats,Darks ....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us defaults.    99.9% of the time I use FIT files.   gets tiring selecting this each time I load files.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@bobw55 Hi Bob,

Are there chance any remote volumes on Windows that have not been mounted? That usually is the main reason for the file selector of APP to be slow.

Thanks, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@bobw55)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I run an External USB 4TB HD that is always connected and a External USB memory stick that contains my image files.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@bobw55 That may be the issue then. External HDs are known to be slow though I wouldn't expect APP to have issues with that. Still, can you try opening the file choose dialog without those two external disks connected and see if that helps?

ReplyQuote
(@bobw55)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

It is the addition of the USB 4TB external HD.

Never had this issue on previous full releases.

I hope this gets fixed and defaults settings are added.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@bobw55 We won't know if the external disks are the problem until you try and share the result with us here. 

ReplyQuote
(@bobw55)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I just did  see above

Things improved with the 4TB drive disconncected.   But this is where some of my calibration frames are stored.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@bobw55 Sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks for trying this out. I will notify Mabula to see if he can investigate and fix this. What OS are you on?

ReplyQuote
(@bobw55)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Windows 11

System

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@bobw55 Thanks. This seems to be related to file chooser issues in JDK 17, which is used by APP 2.0.0-beta6, reported by others on this forum. Mabula and Vincent are investigating possible solutions.

ReplyQuote
(@bobw55)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Awesome.   Thank you for the reply.

ReplyQuote
(@bobw55)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I am happy to say that Beta 7 solves all my issues

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Bob @bobw55,

That is really awesome ! Thank you very much for your feedback 🙂 ! I am very glad that this delay with the file chooser on Windows 11 is fixed as well now.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: