Is there GPU render...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Is there GPU rendering implemented yet? Considering an eGPU  

RSS

(@xone)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
September 23, 2020 21:39  

I saw an announcement over a year ago about this but not sure if it was ever implemented. I have an i7 mac mini and could add an external GPU, but it doesn't make sense if GPU is not supported yet. 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
gpu
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 25, 2020 12:04  

Not yet no, this is a big operation. We first switch to a new Java version. Vulkan support is something we want to have, but that's rather complex. So for now it doesn't add a lot of speed to have a beefy GPU, I also think that when we have that support, a regular GPU will already proof to be faster. So my suggestion would be to wait for that investment. Please also first check with us by then if the external GPU is possible, just to avoid issues there.

ReplyQuote
Share: