UPDATE FROM MABULA
I have had a very rough 2 months unfortunately health wise. I was struck 3x in a row with bacterial infections. The second infection occurred  after a routine hospital checkup and I became very sick. I had to rest and take a lot of antibiotics. Once I was recovering and restarting work 1 month ago, I again became sick. The infection was not yet gone, so even more antibiotics and rest was needed. Needless to say, it took a lot of my energy and I needed a lot of rest.
Finally, the infection is really gone and my energy is coming back step-by-step now and I have started work again. I am terribly sorry to have kept you waiting for support. I will address all outstanding questions and e-mails step-by step and will be on the forum daily from today.
APP 2.0.0-beta47 will come soon as well, a lot of work was already completed before I became very ill, so the release is also nearly ready for you. Beta47 will be much faster actually. Many workflows will be more than 2x faster, mosaics can even be 10x faster than before because registration really received a major boost... all compared to beta46. Â Before I release it, I will make sure that everything is working properly and then I will release it.
I saw an announcement over a year ago about this but not sure if it was ever implemented. I have an i7 mac mini and could add an external GPU, but it doesn't make sense if GPU is not supported yet.Â
Not yet no, this is a big operation. We first switch to a new Java version. Vulkan support is something we want to have, but that's rather complex. So for now it doesn't add a lot of speed to have a beefy GPU, I also think that when we have that support, a regular GPU will already proof to be faster. So my suggestion would be to wait for that investment. Please also first check with us by then if the external GPU is possible, just to avoid issues there.
@vincent-mod
Check this link:
https://darkskies.space/pixinsight-starnet-cuda/
Starnet works very fast with CUDA but your program runs slowly with CPU.
It would be good if you could make support for GPU available, as it would greatly improve the program's speed and user comfort.
Yes, like I mention in the comment above, we are going to implement that but it's a big operation. 🙂
On the off chance are there any rough dates for gpu support?
I.e. Q2 2022?
Im just trying to work out if I should upgrade my Cpu now or wait for GPU support 🙂Â
Sorry, impossible for me to judge. I know we want to start some small tests this year, but I really can't predict how that will go. I think, if you have a relatively decent GPU already, it will become faster anyway when supported. A good multi-code CPU is always nice to have also for APP.