Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Integration error.

Heno
(@heno)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

This happened today during integration while processing a set of LRGB frames. Nothing special about them. The blue set got integrated and the others not. I had 5 of these errors on top of each other when I checked the PC.
If I now click a frame I get this error, but the frame opens OK.
If I click a frame to be opened linear, the error does not appear.
If I open the integrated blue, no error appears.
I have checked all the green frames which are probably next in que to be integrated after the blue, but they are all OK.

Integration error

So here is an update:
I ran the whole session again from calibration to integration without changing anything. This time all the integrations were there except green. But when I checked the folder, all files were there, also green, and also also from the first attempt. They were just not visible in APP!
So I decided to try an "Integrate all" since all the data were already there, but that did not work. I had this error:

Error2

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Mmm, ok, at this point I think it's best if we can have a look at the data and see if we can check if this is data related or an actual bug;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “heno-integrationerror” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod
I'm now uploading 10 of each color, 15 of RGB that have two different integrations(60 and 90sec). Also uploads all the Master files.
Uploading everything will take forever as there are several hundred lights.
Default setting were used for all except:
Hot pixel kappa checked
Adaptive pedestal unchecked
Integrate pr. channel.
MBB set at 10%
LNC set to 1. degree.

Just out of curiosity I will re-run the full integration to see what happens then. I'm the curious type. 😉 

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

So I ran it all again, same files and settings, and same result! All integrations are created, but only the blue integration is visible in APP.
However, initially no error messages this time.
I copied the console output, starting from integration. Maybe you find something there?

When I change between linear, l-c, l-r-c and l-r-c-n i get the last error message in my first post.

If I try to open a file using anything but linear I get the first error message from my first post.

It all works just as yesterday. Iow, this error is repeatable!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Thanks for testing Heno, sorry I'm a bit busy here as my wife is arranging vaccinations in our region all day. 🙂 I'll come back to the data tomorrow!

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod
No hurry, it is just a hobby. There are more important things! 👍 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Hi Heno,

Working on it now and I loaded everything in at once, looking carefully at the data (looks normal as far as I can see) and checking the calibration like you mention above. This didn't produce an error on this set, flats seem to correct nicely as well. No distortion correction necessary either, went to integrating everything (LNC, it. 3, MBB 5%) and this also didn't produce a problem.

The biggest difference seems that I'm using APP 1.083-beta (on Windows) and you're on 1.081 I think. Could you try updating and see what happens? Also, what system specs do you have?

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod
Hi.
There is one thing I didn't do that just occurred to me. I did not restart the PC between the two runs, but I did shut down APP. Which is why I will run this one more time, just to be sure. This PC is always running and I did not think about it. 
If I have this error again I will dl the beta version and try even one more time.

The PC has an Intel i5, 2.70GHz processor and 24GB of ram.

UPDATE:

Run the integration again. Exactly same result. 🤔 😥 

UPDATE II
Run it with the beta version: NO ERRORS! 🤩 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Excellent! So that must've been a bug I think.

ReplyQuote
Share: