Hydrogen alpha (Ha-...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Hydrogen alpha (Ha-OIII extract Ha) and ...extract OIII)

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@microastro)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Just to be clear on the workflow to extract Ha and OIII when using a Duo-band filter, you extract each channel separately? So you would select "Hydrogen alpha (Ha-OIII extract Ha)", load your frames, then run through to integrate to get your mono Ha channel. Then you would go back to Tab 0, select "Oxygen III (Ha-OIII extract OIII)" then run through the process again to get your intergrated OIII? Is there a selection that allows you to extract mono Ha and OIII in one run from your Duo-band OSC stack, or am I misunderstanding the workflow?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@microastro Hi Keith, you understand it correctly. In tab 0 you select (for instance) "Hydrogen alpha (Ha-OIII extract Ha)" and then go to tab 6 and click integrate. Then return to tab 0 and select "Oxygen III (Ha-OIII extract OIII)", return to tab 6 and click integrate again. No need to go through the intermediate steps since APP will do that automatically for you.

ReplyQuote
(@microastro)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@williamshaw)
Main Sequence Star

This is interesting as I always ran the Normalise thing in tab 5 before going to integrate. Sounds like that was superfluous!

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant

Posted by: @williamshaw

This is interesting as I always ran the Normalise thing in tab 5 before going to integrate. Sounds like that was superfluous!

Hitting integritate in tab6 will do all other steps  using the settings it has been set to.

/Stefan 

ReplyQuote
Share: