How do I turn off t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] How do I turn off the ghastly 'Analytic results per light frame graph" ?

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

This horrible new feature is very invasive.  It continually pops up in my face taking up half the screen, even if I move it out of the way.  With my mosaics I must to be able to "blink" between a single registered frame and the final mosaic to see which panels might be misaligned, missing or need more data.  The new Tool Output no longer makes this possible.   I am reverting back to beta 14 for now until there is a way to disable or hide it completely.

Edit by Mabula, will be fixed in 2.0.0-beta16

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @kelvin-hennessy,

Thank you very much for reporting this, I will check and fix a.s.a.p. So at what stage are you trying to do this? After 4) Register I assume?

Ah, yes, you are right, when you move the chart away and reload a new image, it will show the chart again. I will fix this immediately.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @kelvin-hennessy,

I have fixed this behaviour for beta16, will try to get it released a.s.a.p.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @kelvin-hennessy,

Please download and check beta16, i have improved it's behaviour now 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin Thanks very much - I've installed it and doing another run on the same mosaic today - I'll let you know how it goes. (it takes 12 hours for registration and integration on a fast computer ! )   I'm acquiring replacement data for some of my panes poorly captured & documented last year. I have to plate solve the bad panels to determine their centres so I can re-capture them.

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin The good news is that appears on beta 16 that the analytical results will not jump out and stays hidden if desired.  Also the "Cancel" button has stayed visible all the time too.

The bad new is that beta16 is horribly  slow - my latest integration took about 27 hours vs typical 12 hours.   Also when I try to view any panes of the mosaic in registered view it just took 20 minutes to display the pane, waiting at the  "loading new image into image viewer" all that time.  The CPU sits on 1-2% all this time.  

So I will need to revert back to the last useful version which was beta 14

I have just ordered a new super fast Samsung 990 Pro 2TB PCIe SSD that should arrive tomorrow as I am finding it hard to keep 768GB free on my 1 terabyte C: drive - plus it will eliminate the SSD as a possible cause of the problem.  As another member commented I will disable overclocking as well. and try beta 16 again on the weekend.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @kelvin-hennessy

@mabula-admin The good news is that appears on beta 16 that the analytical results will not jump out and stays hidden if desired.  Also the "Cancel" button has stayed visible all the time too.

The bad new is that beta16 is horribly  slow - my latest integration took about 27 hours vs typical 12 hours.   Also when I try to view any panes of the mosaic in registered view it just took 20 minutes to display the pane, waiting at the  "loading new image into image viewer" all that time.  The CPU sits on 1-2% all this time.  

So I will need to revert back to the last useful version which was beta 14

I have just ordered a new super fast Samsung 990 Pro 2TB PCIe SSD that should arrive tomorrow as I am finding it hard to keep 768GB free on my 1 terabyte C: drive - plus it will eliminate the SSD as a possible cause of the problem.  As another member commented I will disable overclocking as well. and try beta 16 again on the weekend.

Thanks Kelvin @kelvin-hennessy for confirming that beta16 fixed the annoying chart from appearing each time. Yes, cancel button should be very clear now 😉

Like indicated in your other topic. Nothing changed in beta16 for cpu resources or memory management with regard to both beta15 and beta14. So the difference in speed comes from the actual settings used in APP and the choice of reference for your mosaic. Do you project the mosaic with the calibrated projective model?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin I use calibrated projective with the mercator projection. That's reassuring to know nothing has changed from a programming point of view - so the software may have not liked the big gap in the Milky Way.  I'm hoping to acquire my final 3 panes of the mosaic tonight if the skies clear a bit more and I will start off another run with Beta 16 using the correct reference pane.

ReplyQuote
Share: