Problem with the im...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Problem with the image viewer with the new 2023-04-05: APP 2.0.0-beta15

15 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
(@carsan)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I am having problems using my mouse scroll zoom - the screen now goes black instead of zooming in as it did previously. Also, the image window sliders (horizontal scroll and vertical scroll) are frozen to one side and do not slide rendering them unusable. I wan on 2.0.0.-beta 9 before, can I go back to that version?

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Carol Santulis

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@boundless_valley)
Molecular Cloud

Yes you can revert back to any previous versions. They are all available under the tab "Downloads" of the website.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@carsan Could you let us know if going back to that version works? Because it should work on beta 15, would be interesting to know as it can be an issue on your system as well.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @carsan

I am having problems using my mouse scroll zoom - the screen now goes black instead of zooming in as it did previously. Also, the image window sliders (horizontal scroll and vertical scroll) are frozen to one side and do not slide rendering them unusable. I wan on 2.0.0.-beta 9 before, can I go back to that version?

Hi @carsan,

Can you provide more information about your computer? Which operating system are you running for instance? Is the problem gone if you disable OpenGL with the top left OpenGL button?

Beta15 had a fix for 2 OpenGL issues and these were addressing issues like this, on our test systems it all works fine. You can test beta16 as well which I just released.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@carsan)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I'm not sure if I was running Beta 15 or 16 because I deleted it. I have since downloaded Beta 16. I'll give Beta 16 a try tomorrow to see if the scroll and zoom issues are still there. Thanks, Carol

Here are my computer specs:

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 22H2
Processor 

3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-8700
384 kilobyte primary memory cache
1.50 megabyte secondary memory cache
12 megabyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (6 total)
Hyper-threaded (12 total)

Main Circuit Board 

Board: Dell Inc. 0DF42J A00
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: Dell Inc. 1.1.18 09/06/2021

Local Storage 

7.98 Terabytes Usable Local Storage Capacity
4.04 Terabytes Local Storage Free Space

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks! If you could report back if the new beta does work, that would be very helpful.

ReplyQuote
(@alexlee24)
Main Sequence Star

@vincent-mod It has a similar problem on beta-16, when you finish any adjustment such as "star reducer" or change the slope in "calibrate star colours", the image viewer will become black, and you have to move the image or roll the mouse roller to get them back, feel like the image viewer shows at a wrong position.

This post was modified 1 year ago by YuXing Lee

ReplyQuote
(@carsan)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

"@vincent-mod It has a similar problem on beta-16, when you finish any adjustment such as "star reducer" or change the slope in "calibrate star colours", the image viewer will become black, and you have to move the image or roll the mouse roller to get them back, feel like the image viewer shows at a wrong position."

Yes, besides my image viewer sliders not working, I had that same issue. The image viewer would be black when image is regenerated and image was off the screen to the right and extremely large/zoomed. 

I have not tried APP since I reloaded it, beta 16.

Carol

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interesting, I'll forward it to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi  @alexlee24 & @carsan,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue and when it occurs (when using the reported tools). I will fix this quickly 😉

There is a simpel workaround at the moment that should fix it for now as well. Simply click on the top left OpenGL button 2x, the first click disables the OpenGL image viewer, the 2nd click will enable it again after which it should work properly again.

Mabula

This post was modified 1 year ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi  @alexlee24 & @carsan,

Can you donwload 2.0.0-beta17 and check if all is okay now on your systems?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@alexlee24)
Main Sequence Star

@mabula-admin I'm not at home now, but I am using the remote desktop to check beta-17, the image viewer getting black screen problem is solved now.

When I get back home I'll check about it and reply if it has another problem.

Thank you!

Alex

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@carsan)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Mabula, THANKS! Beta 17 is working great. The new beta is greatly appreciated.

Carol

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @alexlee24

@mabula-admin I'm not at home now, but I am using the remote desktop to check beta-17, the image viewer getting black screen problem is solved now.

When I get back home I'll check about it and reply if it has another problem.

Thank you!

Alex

Hi @alexlee24,

Excellent, thank you for your feedback ! It's my pleasure 😉

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@carsan excellent Carol!

Glad all is okay now 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: