Help with horizonta...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Help with horizontal banding

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@jlichter)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light. I used APP to stack 30x300 sec light frames shot with an ASI294mm through an Ha filter and got noticeable horizontal banding. I've re-run the stacking multiple times and have the same result when I run with no calibration frames. Individual light frames look fine - I've gone through all 30 and can see no banding but when I integrate all 30 in APP, the banding is quite noticeable. For simplicity I've ran it with no change to default settings. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong or if there is a setting I should be using?

Ha single   no banding
Ha only   stacked   banding

ReplyQuote
(@jlichter)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

never mind, think I figured it out. the horizontal banding was an artifact introduced by USB connection. Moved all files to local hard drive in laptop and re-stacked and the issue went away. Cheers!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Great and thanks for sharing that. It happens now and again indeed and has become the usual question to a user when it's super-weird looking or indeed seemingly random interference. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: