Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Help needed with DSLR calibration frames  

RSS

(@dan-archer)
White Dwarf Customer
July 18, 2020 11:32  

I am after some sound advice on what I am doing wrong with my DSLR calibration frames. I have used dark frames with the same ISO and exposure length (temp very close), flats the same ISO with histogram peak between 1/3 to 1/2, a master bias of same ISO and I still have these dots on my integrations. Looking into the lens on my scope I can see these dots on it, I believe they are dried droplets where dust has settled. I thought my flats would correct these? Is anyone kind enough to advise me on what I am doing wrong? I have so much good data that I want to process however I just can't seem to get rid of these dots.

Here is a link to the integration result https://1drv.ms/u/s!AizlV9aqtkAaoXjT0_dclAp4Q6x3?e=aqDreL

Thank you so much in advance!

Daniel

Rho Complex New RGB session 1 mod

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 19, 2020 09:37  

Hi Daniel,

So would you be able to clean the optics? That will help a bit already. Flats also should reduce this and it looks like they weren’t actually applied or something with the flats data is not right still. You can see if it is applied by loading a single light frame and your masterflat. On top of the screen you select “l-calibrated” and APP should correct the light with the flat. It also shows up in the list below, your light frame will have the flat tag added to it. Do you see an effect?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-archer)
White Dwarf Customer
July 20, 2020 22:47  

@vincent-mod you are right for some reason the flats were not being applied. After deleting the masters and re calibrating, everything works as expected again. Thanks again Vincent, and yes I have also since cleaned the optics 😆 

ReplyQuote
Share: