flat frame not bein...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

flat frame not being applied  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS

(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 7, 2021 21:03  

Here is an overview of all download links: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/appreleases/downloads/

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
Main Sequence Star Customer
June 7, 2021 21:42  

Hi Can you explain this bit

Switching to "l-calibrated" on top of the view window gives me this:

Is there a way to view a calibrated light before its processed ?

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 8, 2021 01:12  

@moviecells Go to the top of the forum page and click on the DOWNLOADS Are Available HERE link.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 8, 2021 09:16  

@moviecells Sure, you can find those options on top of the preview screen, here;

Screenshot 2021 06 08 091031

That pulldown menu has various options to show you the result of a process in APP. So when you go to tab 2, calibrate and calibrate your data there, after it has finished you can load 1 sub in the viewer, switch to "l-calibrated" from that top pulldown menu and you can see that one sub as a calibrated sub. If you already have masters for calibration, those will work immediately like this. The advantage of this is that you can check if your calibration (and registering etc) is working as expected before you integrate everything, saving you a lot of time if something is wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 16, 2021 14:14  

Hi Got around to taking some Bin1x1 data last night and flat correction looks fine but i am seeing a strange line pattern down the image see attached tiff file of just blue but i seems to be in all channels can't see any problem in the light files. Let me know if i need to upload the fit files but thought i would ask first.

wo m51 Blue St

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 16, 2021 14:15  

Let me try adding file as a png as it seem the tiff file is not displaying correctly.

wo m51 Blue St

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 16, 2021 14:45  

@moviecells The beta versions are available via the DOWNLOADS are available HERE! link at the top of each forum page.

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 16, 2021 15:20  

Hi Yes found that last week thanks the problem now is more to do with the pattern in my processed files any idea what i could be

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 16, 2021 15:28  

@moviecells Sorry, I missed the comments on page 2 of the conversation. Do you see the line pattern as well if you integrate without darks?

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 16, 2021 16:18  

I will run a test now, its strange because this is a ZWO ASI294MM that night i used it in its normal Bin2x2 mode matching bin2x2 darks, flats and darkfalts. Last night i used the same camera and set up but in bin1x1  matching bin1x1 darks,flats and darkfalts and can't see the problem. Could it be some kind of pixel pattern due to bining i did not run any dithering on both nights.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 16, 2021 16:39  

Just ran with out darks and pattern is still there see attached

m51 test no darks Blue St

, i did notice another problem that night not happened before look at this lum light same night same target and the is a ring pattern light and dark just above and to the right of M51 and idea what that could be ? can't tell if its all colous or just lum its easy to see in that channel

wo m51 Luminance St

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 17, 2021 09:43  

Strange, what is your setup exactly, how do you connect the data- and powerlines when taking photo's? I'm wondering if it might be a power issue on the data lines or something. The strange rings I can't explain, that is more likely a flat and optical problem.

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 17, 2021 10:13  

telescope is am william optics GT81 camera then ZWO filter wheel with Baader filters ZWO ASI294MM USB 3 to a PC. I don't think it can be a power issue as i said i ran the camera in a different mode the night after and it was fine. I will have to try Bin2x2 again to see if the problem may be the camera i will report back as soon as the weather clears could be a week looking at UK weather.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 17, 2021 12:39  

Is the USB3 a direct connection to the PC or are you using a USB hub? I do know hubs can sometimes cause an issue. Also, I do see issues sometimes when not everything on the scope has a common ground connection, which can result in power leaking into data lines. Just thinking about any possible issues..

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 17, 2021 16:01  

I run 4 USB 3 active extension cables each is 5m long each one has a common power at the telescope end as they are active. I have already tried a swap of cables and problem remained the same. As every cable is the same type and same power i don't think it down to connection or power.

I may have found a clue if i integrate with darks only problem gone, i am now running it again with flats as well may be there is a issue in my bin2x2 flats not sure why i took them with the same light panel just after running the bin1x1. i know given bin2x2 there will be a lot more gain going on and i was already running flats at 0.02 seconds i think i will try adding a ND filter over the panel and see if i can get that figure to around 0.5-1s range. I would love to be able to run LRGB in that range but if i do that my narrow band run in the 50-120s range. I may have to run my flats in two goes splitting up LRGB and NA,O,S.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 17, 2021 16:19  

Hi strange results and i don't know why here what i did

Took the lights and only ran integrate with darkmaster and files look fine no bands

Took the lights and this time added darkmaster and flats files look fine no bands

Took the lights and this time added darkmaster and flats and dark flats files look fine no bands

Now on each process above i just changed the deep sky odject name so to get new integration files. Runing each again after adding the extra files so doing it this way i don't see a problem.

I then closed pixel processor and added all the files again but in one process so light, flats,darkflats, masterdark and results are files with bands are back.

Its like there is some kind of interaction when the process is run in one go. Do you want some files to try not sure what to check next.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 18, 2021 10:44  

Ok that is really weird then, what happens if you first make the masters, save those, then reload APP and add the lights and only the masters? I think I'm also going to ask for your data to have a look myself later on.

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 18, 2021 13:02  

Hi i think i have found the issue is in the flat files i can banding in the master flat files might be related to short exposure times of my flats in bin2x2 found some forum posts about the 294 sensor not liking short exposures in bin2x2 mode.

Still not sure why the strange results in the bit by bit test but never mind i am getting some where.

is there a super pixel mode in pixel processor found some posts about using that mode in the same forum post.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@moviecells)
June 18, 2021 13:32  

Hi Quick question is it better to remove light pollution and caibrate background on each channel or once combined.

mike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 18, 2021 14:07  

@moviecells You can do both, I think doing it after combination is fine as correcting that beforehand still differs in results for each channel. I do tend to do that though as I like to think "the cleaner the data in, the better". But that's not really a very scientific argument I guess. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: