FITS failed star an...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

FITS failed star analysis on all files

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@joost-verheydengmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

With the clear weather over here in the BNL my APP has been doing overtime as many others I guess.

To my surprise APP started to fail ALL my FITS files on "Star Analysis" for the last two sessions. Alle sessions before went fine. Nothing changed on camera or software. It's an ASI2600MC.  Files attached from each session. Also tried different nbrs of "star count" ranging from 20 over 500 to 2000

Appreciate any similar cases and perhaps solution. I'm using the latest APP version 1.083.4

Kind regards, 

Joost

www.drogenberg.be

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@joost-verheydengmail-com The zip files only contain lights. Do you use any calibration files? If yes, can you please upload a set of, say, 5 lights and 5 calibration files? Please use the upload instructions at the top of any forum page and create a directory called joost-verheydengmail-com_star_analysis and place the files in there. Let me know here when the upload is done please.

When I load the three IC410 files in tab 1 and go straight to tab 6 and click the integrate button, the integration goes perfectly OK without any issues with star analysis. I see that all files are marked as MONO while you say you use an ASI2600MC. It looks like you need to tell SGP that you're using a color camera.

EDIT: I went to tab 0 and selected RGGB in pattern and enabled "force Bayer/X-Trans CFA" and now a color image was produced. Again no issue with star analysis.

ReplyQuote
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter Thanks for the fast reply. I found an issue with my darks  ... so let me try a new run. Keep you posted.

ReplyQuote
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Wouter & all, my darks were horrible and that apparently made the star analysis go bananas. So entirely my mistake! 

The only addition I could make is that APP might inspect calibration files on obvious mistakes, like not only if the technical values as Gain values, exposure times are correct, but also for instance if darks are not to bright or have brightness variations, same with bias. 

My confidence in APP stays untouched and I appreciate the ability - with my limited time available - to almost one-button process my images. When they leave APP in addition almost no further finishing work is required. 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That would be great indeed, but it's not really possible for APP to judge this properly, it expects calibration data to be made properly to judge noise levels. It does provide warnings for issues with some forms of calibration and usually when things don't work properly, you can already tell it's likely one of the calibration data.

ReplyQuote
Share: