Feature Suggestion:...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Feature Suggestion: Integration Report Text File

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@mountainair)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello!  It would be lovely if APP produced a "summary report" for each integration run, much like a text version of the snazzy new Analytical Results Per Light Frame graph in 2.0 beta 17.  This is useful so we have a record of what specific frames went into the integration along with useful summary data -- total integration time per filter (I understand this is Total Integration Time in the FITS header), number of subs per filter, median FWHM/eccentricity/SNR per filter, average ADU per filter, etc.

A month or so ago I went on vacation and look a ton of raw subs with me that I stacked into about 2 dozen targets.  For most integrations I de-selected some subs for quality reasons, so I ended up using fewer subs in the integration than I had.  My vacation brain forgot to note these down, so in many cases I don't know that I took "X subs of Y seconds for Z filter" and thus can't post that with my images.  It would be useful if APP saved just such a report with each integration.

ReplyQuote
Share: