Error message at en...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error message at end of routines

11 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@gmillerok1)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

APP threw this error at the end of each of the Calibration, Analyse, Register, Normalize, and Integrate routines (at the same time as the gong). After Integration, there were no master L, Ha, RGB frames created (at least where I could find).

Encountered error in module:
CreateMasterFlatTask

Error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause:
null
cX.a(Unknown Source)
cX.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

===

Is this  something I did? Why did it throw the error. There were a lot of large files to process. Where are the master frames for the light frames created?

Thanks,

Gerald

ReplyQuote
(@gmillerok1)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I maybe tried to have APP do too much. I went back and did Lum and RGB separately. No problem there. Learning as I go.

GM

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, you found the correct solution already. This is due to the mixing of mono and RGB which APP doesn't support yet. We do want to make this much easier and not just give a null pointer error. Best is to split the RGB into mono, R, G and B and the register those frames with the luminance.

ReplyQuote
(@gmillerok1)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Ok, but I still have a problem. My L frames and RGB raw frames are the same size, taken with the same scope and optics and orientation bit different GAIN settings (if that is important). If I process separately, how do I register the L and RGB frames to match up before combining as LRGB? When I tried, the L and RGB came out with different dimensions as well.

Thanks-still learning.

Gerald

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@gmillerok1 Once L and RGB have finished their integration, you can clean the file list by clicking the Clean button at the bottom of tab 1. Then you can load the integrated L and RGB files as lights (don't load calibration files and indicate that you're sure when asked by APP) and then go to tab 4 and click the register button. Once done click the Save Registered Frames button. You can then load those registered frames in Combine RGB.

ReplyQuote
(@gmillerok1)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Unfortunately, I was not able to register with the L frame. I cropped them as well to the same dimensions because for some reason the L and RGB dimensions change after integration even though they are the same. I wonder if the different GAIN setting is the issue. But registration with the L frame will simply not succeed. I tried different settings/projections. Nothing worked. At this point, I don't know what else to try. PI registered them without any issue. I guess I can use PI to register but I'd sure like to get away from PI. That's why I bought APP.

Gerald

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@gmillerok1 Can you please upload the L and RGB integrated images to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

in a new directory called gmillerok1_registration? As always, use upload for both username and password (your APP credentials will not work). Let me know here as soon as the upload has finished and I will have a look at your data. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@gmillerok1)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thank you so much. Files have been uploaded.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Had a go as well, I upped the amount of stars for star analysis to 1000 and set these parameters in the register module;

Then I normalized all frames as well and saved the normalized frames in tab 5, which I then used in the combineRGB tool.

I used these settings, coming from the LHaRGB1 preset and changing those a bit (I also set the multiplier from 2 to 1 for the red channel);

Settings

There's quite the amount of color gradients in the data, so that took a bit of careful light pollution correction;

With that done, I proceeded to star color correction. This is tricky when using filters, but worked pretty nicely here;

Settings2

Which resulted in this;

Which I think is a really nice one. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@gmillerok1)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thank you again. I was able duplicate those efforts for registration where  APP was not able to do so before with those parameters.

I had previously tried to increase the number of stars but this had not worked. I presume it was that value as well as the parameters in registration that caused APP to fail at registration before.

Registration was the only issue I ran into but thanks for taking it to the end-now I have something to duplicate as part of the learning process with APP.

Is there any way to make a HDR image using shorter exposure frames? I have some 30 second exposures I want to use to bring out the core a bit better.

Thanks again for you much needed assistance to help me with APP. I can not express my appreciation enough.

Gerald

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @gmillerok1

Is there any way to make a HDR image using shorter exposure frames? I have some 30 second exposures I want to use to bring out the core a bit better.

Unfortunately this is not possible yet in APP but it is on the TODO list to be added.

ReplyQuote
Share: