dumb? stacking ques...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

dumb? stacking question

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Ron
(@rojoyinc)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I've been at this a couple of years (but new to APP) and I've had great results. Recently - something popped into my head and I wondered... is it possible or really a stupid idea? 
say we shoot 4 nights of subs. And each night we stack the 50 we shot.
After 4 nights we have 200 subs and 3 versions of each night stacked?  (or the last 50 + 3 subs of previous 50 stacked)
Can we take the 50 from the 4th night and include the 4 other nights (stacked integration each of each nights individual subs?) I would try it but hate to waste the time if it's totally out of the question.   Instead of  200 individual subs? 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes you can do that, it's likely better to have separate frames processed together, but for sure you can stack each night on top of the other afterwards, so 4 integrated nights together. You can always do both scenarios to see for yourself if there is a difference or not, just once so you know if it's worth it.

ReplyQuote
Share: