Configuration & Set...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Configuration & Settings

8 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
(@n-gilchrist)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi. A friend an myself have a FB group helping people with astrophotography processing software including the outstanding Astro Pixel Processor, we have repeated questions about being able to save personal configuration settings.

I'm not aware of any such feature, is there or could there possibly be an option added to save certain parameters like Force CFA & bayer array, or APP remembers your last settings type of setup.

Many thanks & kind regards

Nigel.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

This is a well known feature request yes, it should be implemented very soon. Mabula is actually working on that right now.

ReplyQuote
(@n-gilchrist)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Great news.

Thanks for your reply 🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@museceleste)
Main Sequence Star

@vincent-mod 

Hello,
I'm fairly new to APP and its interface and I read this reply: "xx"
We are now nearing the end of 2023 and I have a hard time finding this feature.
In which menu or tab should I be looking?
Tks
Gil

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

@museceleste

Hi

There is not really anything to find.

Basically many of the configurable settings are now 'sticky'.  APP records these settings on shut-down and reloads them on next start-up.

For fuller details, take a read through the various APP v2.0.0  Beta release notes.  The sticky feature first appeared in Beta 1 but some extra items were added in later releases.

Regards

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@museceleste)
Main Sequence Star

@mestutters 

Thank you, Mike.

Indeed I have seen/experienced the "sticky effect" - just wanted to speed up switching to an entirely different set of options (e.g. from regular OSC to MOSAIC dual-band, etc.) and not forget some of the settings.

Gil

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Gilles @museceleste and Mike @mestutters,

Yes, the most recent APP versions now automatically save and load all settings in menus 0) to 6). You can revert back to defaults with an option in the CFG menu.

Now the next step and I am working on this is to extend this now with save/load of whole projects. Then you will be able to make an empty project profile for a mosaic or for mono or for OSC processing 😉 So it is coming to APP soon now. It will also enable you to continue the next data with a complete data set at the point where you stopped working in APP the day before 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@museceleste)
Main Sequence Star

@mabula-admin 

Absolutely fantastic, Mabula! 

I drink to this!

Gil

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: