19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.
31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!
combine RGB: which option to choose? (OSC RGB (with Optolong L-eXtreme) + Ha extr + OIII extr
I am a bit confused which option to choose in the "combine RGB" tool:
- I stacked / integrated my OSC images taken with a L-eXtreme Dual BP filter
- ...extracted Ha and OIII (Ha-OIII extract Ha and Ha-OIII extract OIII).
1. which option to choose (if it matters at all....):
2. I can load the Ha and OIII but I cannot load the RGB as RGB, there is no such option, only R or G or B
@peter-s For the RGB image, you need to split that into the separate R, G and B channels. To do so, load the image as a light and then go to tab 2. At the bottom of tab 2 enable "split channels". Then click the "SAVA (calibrated) Light frames" button.
To combine the R, G, B, Ha and OIII channels you can use the RGBHOO formula.
dank u zeer!
...sorry but a new problem:
After splitting the integration (32 bit float.) into R/G/B I get an error message when combining with the extracted Ha and OIII data:
"the images are not compatible"
- they all should be 32 bit float. (I checked "create 32 bit masters" at 2. and extracted the Ha and OIII from the Master L = integration)
- but they do differ in dimensions:
@peter-s Sorry, I forgot to mention that. You will need to load the R, G, B, Ha and OIII files as lights and then do analyze stars and register. That way, APP will align them using the stars in the frames and make sure that all have the same dimensions. I usually also do normalize before I combine the files.
okay - I thought the extracted Ha / OIII would automatically be aligned with the "Original"
but sounds logic 🙂