Quad Band Filter o

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Quad Band Filter o

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@brazzo229)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello,

I am considering testing the Radian Telescopes Triad Ultra Quad-Band Narrowband Filter on my DSLR

Will it be possible to extract the 4 channels, Hydrogen-beta, Oxygen III, Hydrogen-alpha and Sulfur II separately? In order to then create an image in Hubble Palette, for example.

THX Sascha

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

With a DSLR you can't separate all those bands with a quad band filter, APP can extract Ha and OIII from the data and HB and SII will then be in the mix of those signals. If you search the forum for "quad band filter" you can find a lot of discussions about this specifically. You can have filters for SII alone etc and then you can play around with that data (given your DSLR is modified as otherwise a lot of signal will be filtered out by the filters already on the DSLR sensor).

ReplyQuote
(@brazzo229)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
  1. Ok thanks. My camera is modified... so could I then extract Ha and OIII from a shot with a dual band filter (e.g. Optolong Extreme) and take a second shot with an SII filter and then combine that together?  

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@brazzo229 Yes that won’t be a problem. 

ReplyQuote
Share: