Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Quad Band Filter o  

RSS

(@brazzo229)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 16, 2021 20:45  

Hello,

I am considering testing the Radian Telescopes Triad Ultra Quad-Band Narrowband Filter on my DSLR

Will it be possible to extract the 4 channels, Hydrogen-beta, Oxygen III, Hydrogen-alpha and Sulfur II separately? In order to then create an image in Hubble Palette, for example.

THX Sascha

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 17, 2021 12:26  

With a DSLR you can't separate all those bands with a quad band filter, APP can extract Ha and OIII from the data and HB and SII will then be in the mix of those signals. If you search the forum for "quad band filter" you can find a lot of discussions about this specifically. You can have filters for SII alone etc and then you can play around with that data (given your DSLR is modified as otherwise a lot of signal will be filtered out by the filters already on the DSLR sensor).

ReplyQuote
(@brazzo229)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 17, 2021 22:14  
  1. Ok thanks. My camera is modified... so could I then extract Ha and OIII from a shot with a dual band filter (e.g. Optolong Extreme) and take a second shot with an SII filter and then combine that together?  

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
September 17, 2021 23:07  

@brazzo229 Yes that won’t be a problem. 

ReplyQuote
Share: