Color calibration a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Color calibration and slope

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 WB91
(@blanshan91)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Can someone explain to me what we are trying to achieve by adjusting the slope values when doing star color calibration?  Would it be possible to see some images of before and after.  I have watched some videos on this but doesn't really show what the goal is here; meaning, are we trying to create a tighter star group? or do we want the graph scale to be 1:1 so the plot plot line is at true 45 degrees, or ??  I hope this makes sense, just confused on how we use slope adjustments to make a better color calibration.    Thanks!!

Bill  

This topic was modified 4 years ago by WB91

SdA reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So here is a post with some extra information about it. It's a bit older but still applies; https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/star-color-calibration-1-58-completely-red-now/

Basically the slopes sometimes need to change as filters can introduce an offset in what we expect to be a black body signal from the stars.

ReplyQuote
Share: