Color calibration a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Color calibration and slope  

RSS

WB91
(@blanshan91)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
September 29, 2020 17:33  

Can someone explain to me what we are trying to achieve by adjusting the slope values when doing star color calibration?  Would it be possible to see some images of before and after.  I have watched some videos on this but doesn't really show what the goal is here; meaning, are we trying to create a tighter star group? or do we want the graph scale to be 1:1 so the plot plot line is at true 45 degrees, or ??  I hope this makes sense, just confused on how we use slope adjustments to make a better color calibration.    Thanks!!

Bill  

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by WB91

SdA liked
ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 30, 2020 10:19  

So here is a post with some extra information about it. It's a bit older but still applies; https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/star-color-calibration-1-58-completely-red-now/

Basically the slopes sometimes need to change as filters can introduce an offset in what we expect to be a black body signal from the stars.

ReplyQuote
Share: