Light.dat file in t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Light.dat file in the working folder is 128GB is this normal?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@stephent)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

Tonight I processed 400 Canon 5d MKIV RAW light frames of M31 in APP with ~ 84 darks, 33 bias, and 33 flat frames. While processing I watched the "Available HDD" drop from 294GB to ~164GB.

In the APP folder there was a .dat file that was a HUGE 128GB.

Just wanted to ask if this is normal?

As soon as processing finished the file disappeared and available HDD went back up to 294GB

I have 32GB ram, 16GB allocated to APP but my RAM usage went from 27% to 87% during processing which I thought was odd.

Is there a tool or calculation I can use to make sure I have enough free HDD space for processing if using lots of frames, per the above?

Many thanks,

Stephen

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Usually APP tells you if you have enough space left for processing, but it does use quite a bit for processing especially with higher resolutions etc. You can divide the data up in smaller chunks if you want to limit the resources more, like doing 4x100 frames at a time and combining those 4 later.

ReplyQuote
Share: