can't manage to exp...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

can't manage to export work to a "true" color file

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@alpheratz06)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Sorry, my question is certainly stupid.

I have manage to combined several filtered monochrome views into a nice HaRGB image, but when I us the "save" button, it exports a fits file.

I just wonder if it is possible to export into other image format like Jpeg or tiff ? Didn't find any option in this way

Thanks

Regards

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@alpheratz06 Hi Jean-Philippe,

In my opinion there are no stupid questions. Once you have saved the HaRGB file, it appears at the bottom of the files list at the bottom of the APP window. You can double click it there to open it again. Next you can enable the Stretch check box on the upper right and then click the Save button. You will then get a popup for the file name and then a popup for the file type. There you can select JPEG or TIFF.

FYI FITS is the de facto astronomical standard for data, including images, and is in every sense of the word a "true" image file format 🙂

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@alpheratz06)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Thank you very much , it worked great.

By the way , I'm a very unexperienced astro-photographer (even though I've shot a few non-astro picturesà and the results are very impressive.

I have attached my first "serious" picture, I mean with an astro camera, filters, and the result I got from scratch is very promising. orion of course, no alternative with respect to shoot toward the south (serious lockdown here) , not possible polar alignment, seeing far from perfect.

Regards

combine RGB image St cropped

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@alpheratz06 That is really great for a first result. Well done!

I see a lot of short colored lines in your image. Those are caused by hot pixels and by drift in your images. You can get rid of those by using dark frames, which help APP to identify and correct the hot pixels. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@alpheratz06)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I'm eager to do much better, I will learn and practice about calibration (dark etc) I noticed also vignetting is very important so I will manage to shoot some flats

Thanks , I appreciate your help.

clear skies !

ReplyQuote
Share: