Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Can't get flats assigned to one session and channel  

RSS

(@rickwayne)
White Dwarf Customer
December 5, 2020 22:34  

This is rather odd. I have two sessions, Ha and OIII for each. I have master darks, bias, and BPM that go to all sessions. I have one set of flats that should go to both sessions -- when I loaded them I specified "all sessions".

I've done it several times, with 1.082 and 1.083 beta, and every time the appropriate flats get assigned to everything except the Session 1 Ha frames. Doesn't matter if I re-assign the generated master flats and do it over.

What the heck?! I guess the next thing to try is to run "calibrate" to completion with only the session 1 frames loaded and the master flats, then load session 2's lights and run "calibrate" again.

ReplyQuote
(@rickwayne)
White Dwarf Customer
December 5, 2020 22:44  

Figured it out. Won't apologize for posting, perhaps someone else will see this and have the penny drop.

Some bits of my imaging chain use "H_alpha", and others call it "H-alpha". So when I allow the "FILTER" tag to determine the assignment, it doesn't match the wrongly-tagged lights. That's all it was.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
December 5, 2020 23:55  

Glad you figured it out. Yes, that is a tricky situation that may be hard to solve. 

Wouter

ReplyQuote
Share: