Bug with multi-channel v.1.061  

  RSS

(@antoine)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Joined:2 months  ago
Posts: 6
May 27, 2018 05:22  

Mabula -

I tried all day to process my RGB and Ha data using the new multi channel workflow. But it keeps erroring out. Complaining about read-only permissions and not able to find some data temp files. See screenshots attached. I changed the APP folder to chmod 777 to no effect. I'm running on MacOS. I had same error on 1.060 before upgrading today. Help!

Error screen 1

Screen Shot 2018 05 26 at 11.14.51 PM

Error screen 2

Screen Shot 2018 05 26 at 11.15.25 PM


ReplyQuote
(@lanties)
White Dwarf Customer
Joined:8 months  ago
Posts: 13
May 27, 2018 10:21  

Maybe the @ sign in the filename ?


ReplyQuote
(@mabula-haverkamp-administrator)
Quasar Admin
Joined:1 year  ago
Posts: 1506
May 28, 2018 15:14  

Hi Antoine @antoine,

Regarding the first screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018 05 26 at 11.14.51 PM

the @ sign is probably the reason I think why it fails. On different file systems/OS's different characters are allowed in file names. And the @ character is defintely not allowed on all. Do other files without the @ sign load properly? The only fix here is to rename your files first using safe characters I think.

Regarding the second screen shot:

Screen Shot 2018 05 26 at 11.15.25 PM

This could be same problem, what channel names did you use? Perhaps there is a character there is well that gives this problem. The channel name is used in the file-mapping in your harddrive so try to prevent characters that might not be allowed for now. I can fix this problem by catching the not-allowed characters off course.

Let me know if this explains the problem and if you can prevent it by using other characters in the filenames and channel names.

I probably need to figure out which characters are allowed and which not per Operating System to handle this properly.

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions


ReplyQuote
(@antoine)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Joined:2 months  ago
Posts: 6
May 28, 2018 15:18  

Mabula,

It all worked out when I used the standard "session" tags. Indeed the custom tags with the '@' or '/' characters created the issue. I should know that as a software engineer myself 🙂 Maybe you need to encode and properly escape those special characters in future versions?  A small fix.

In any way, I am processing huge data and will report back soon. Thanks!


ReplyQuote
(@mabula-haverkamp-administrator)
Quasar Admin
Joined:1 year  ago
Posts: 1506
June 4, 2018 20:39  

@antoine, yes, indeed, I will fix this 😉

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions


ReplyQuote
(@antoine)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Joined:2 months  ago
Posts: 6
June 7, 2018 18:52  

Thanks Mabula!

Processing works like a charm once I used the standard default session names. See the result below for a 2hr 37min integration over 3 nights and two cameras [QHY 367c and Nikon D810A]

North America from Magdalena NM


ReplyQuote
(@mabula-haverkamp-administrator)
Quasar Admin
Joined:1 year  ago
Posts: 1506
June 9, 2018 20:50  

Thank you @antoine for your feedback,

That sure looks great 😉

I will work to fix the problem that you reported off course.

Cheers,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions


ReplyQuote
Share: