Are saved calibrate...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Are saved calibrated frames standalone images ?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kelvin-hennessy)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi - I have an urgent question that concerns a complex mosaic within a couple of days for a competition.

I have been trying to combine mono and DSLR data by splitting the calibrated DSLR frames and also exporting all the calibrated mono frames into separate folders I call "Red Cal", "Green Cal" and "Blue Cal". 

This way I can quickly reintegrate them without having without having to find / select the calibration masters which is time consuming.

However when I do the integrations I am concerned that I am seeing messages relating to "Found Calibration Masters"  or in some cases "Could not find calibration masters ... " - possibly because the calibration masters  have been moved, deleted or recreated.

So my question is whether the saved calibrated files are stand alone images or do they need the original master calibration files in their original locations ?

I am concerned that I am not working with truly calibrated frames 

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What I would do is to process the RGB integration fully first, with their proper calibration frames. Then I would split the integrations into R, G and B. Mono data calibrated properly as well and integrated, then register and normalize all data and recombine.

ReplyQuote
Share: