APP priorities 2019

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

APP priorities 2019  

RSS

(@brcooley)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 8, 2019 18:18  

Hello all, happy new year.

I see reference on the APP home page that many enhancements are planned for 2019.  Is there a feature "roadmap" of sorts that can be shared with the community?

I'd like to prioritize my 2019 astro spending ($$), so it'd be nice to know what to expect out of APP and whether I may need other tools.

Mabula has been uncharacteristically quiet in the last month, which makes me wonder if APP development and support is still on track.

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Mabula Haverkamp - Admin

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
January 9, 2019 02:36  

See the pinned post. 🙂 A roadmap I have not, but there was a reason for the inactivity here and it doesn't hinder development.

ReplyQuote
(@lanties)
Main Sequence Star Customer
January 14, 2019 20:26  

Hi Mabula and Vincent,

Thank you for the fantastic support and all the great work during 2018. I am sure APP is going to go huge in 2019. Is it possible to give a rough overview or roadmap for planned development for 2019? My main reason for asking is so that I can annoy you with my ignored requests from 2018 like Saving Projects, defaults and templates etc.  😆 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
January 17, 2019 13:00  

Dear @brcooley, @vincent-mod & @lanties,

There is quite a roadmap layed out in the presentation that I gave on The Astro Imaging Channel or TAIC.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/presentations/

PDF of TAIC presentation, check from page 74:

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/apastropixelprocessordl/APP-TAIC.pdf

This list is not complete however, the development list is much longer.

I will work on providing a good roadmap in the development forum and I will let you know once updated 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@mariusz)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 5, 2019 21:49  
Posted by: Mabula Haverkamp - Admin

...check from page 74:

I'm waiting for this:

"features to be implemented soon...

• Adobe DNG, Sony, Pentax, Fuji etc.. Raw file formats"

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
February 22, 2019 12:57  

Hi @mariusz,

Sony ARW support will be included in the next release, the other raw formats will follow in the releases there after 😉

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

mariusz liked
ReplyQuote
(@mariusz)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 22, 2019 19:47  

Hi @mabula-admin,

Like I wrote on FB, it's great news! Good work Mabula!

Now I'm full of hope about support for other Raw file formats.
Especially for Fuji X-Trans.

What I know, APP can be first software with full support for RAF from X-Trans sensor.

It's good to be owner of APP 🙂 and a few FujiFilm cameras 🙂 One of them is Ha modified 😉 That's why I'm waiting for software with support for X-Trans files. 🙂

mariusz

ReplyQuote
Share: