A quick question fo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

A quick question for QHY10 camera

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@lammertus)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi all,

A friend of mine has bought a 2nd hand QHY10 and would like

to apply the correct debayer mask for it.

Aparently ( as he states ) this is not in the dropdown list for

the specific bayer masks one would like to apply.

Any suggestions I can pass on to him? ( he also has APP license

but is not "handy" in English .

Thanks for any tip!!

Mert

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear @Lammertus,

If the sensor is a Bayer CFA sensor, then APP provides all 4 posibilities as stated on wikipedia for a Bayer CFA sensor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_filter

Has he tried all 4 posibilities that APP offers ?

If you or your friend think, it's not correct, you are welcome to send a frame so I can check.

Maybe it's also good to verify the image dimensions ( widthxheight) and which software is used to capture the data.

Some capture software do some weird output of the sensor, at least I have seen this before...

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@lammertus)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks Mabula,

I will try and see ( when the rain goes away ) that we do as you suggested.

Basically he images using the software for the QHY, I think EZcap?

I will let you know!

Best regards,

Mert

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@annehouw)
Neutron Star

Hello Mert,

Maybe I can help. I do not have a QHY10 camera, but I used to image with a camera with the same sensor (SXV-26C).

I have used BGGR as the deBayer setting (and set it to "force CFA"). I found this by trial and error. I first started with RGGB (as this was in the manual) and worked my way down. First look at the color of your individual subs (does not have to be calibrated, just set the deBayer setting and double click on the image in the list). Look at the image. Is the color more or less what you would expect? I almost always have a green background, but that is OK. I live in a light polluted area. The star colors and the object colors need to be there. Secondly, zoom in and look for strange raster patterns. Should not be there. If yes, then try another deBayer option. If I can remember correctly, I had two settings that looked OK color wise, but one showed a raster pattern, the other did not. Do not forget to double click again on the image after you change the deBayer pattern to see the changes.

Good luck,

Anne

P.S: You can test this in daylight as well...

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lammertus)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks Anne, apreciate your feedback!

I will advise my friend to check on this, likely it is just nervs since he

just got the camera!

Best regards,

Mert

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @annehouw & @lammertus,

Thank you Anne for helping out as well 😉

Indeed, probably the Force Bayer CFA needs to be turned on and then simply check the bayer patterns by double clicking an image after a Bayer pattern change 😉

Please let me know if all is allright,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: