Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Newbie questions  

RSS

(@spyder66)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
July 2, 2020 11:27  

I'm currently using the trial version before deciding if I should purchase.  I'm running on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.5.  I have a couple of things that are really annoying and wanted to get some feedback.

1.) Every time I start the app I have to navigate to my working folder.  As I created my 'base' working folder on another partition, I have to constantly navigate all the back to /Volumes and then down from there.  Why can I not select a base working folder that is saved and used on app launch, so I only have to then navigate down to my working folder (i.e. based on object).

2.) I use the Apple Mouse with touch scroll, however the scrolling in the windows is way too sensitive and I keep going back and forth, for example when zooming into an image or scrolling left/right in the list of frames at the bottom.

3.) Say I want to scroll on star density to select which images to keep and which to reject, I have to scroll all the way over to 'star density', then all the way back to deselect.  I can move the 'star density' column over next to the select boxes, however as soon as I deselect something, the 'star density' column jumps back to it's original position.  This is really frustrating.

Thanks,

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
July 2, 2020 13:23  

Hi Adrian,

I have been using APP on MacOS for over 1,5 years now.

1) This has been requested many times and @mabula-admin has it on his todo list with other configuration items to make permanent.

2) I have noticed this as well. It takes some practice but if you carefully use the touch pad then it is possible to scroll more slowly.

3) I never tried this so no clue.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
Share: