Can't Install on my...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Can't Install on my Mac

18 Posts
9 Users
7 Likes
(@kimbler)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Folks, can't install APP on my laptop.  I get to the download file.  When I click it I get a message telling me to drag it to the Application folder..  I did that clicked on it again and I get the same message.  Not sure how to install it.  I've reviewed the video but hasn't helped.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@kimbler Once you have installed APP you shouldn't use the installer anymore. Instead, go to Launchpad and open APP from there.

ReplyQuote
(@raywuk)
Brown Dwarf

Im having the same problem.

I click download mac version from website

AstroPixelProcessor-1.083-2.dmg appears in my download folder. (133.4Mb Disk image)

I double click on it and get a popup box saying:

'Drag Astro Pixel Processor to the Applications folder to install'

I drag the 'Applications' Icon in the popup to the Applications folder.

And then nothing..........

In the Applications folder there is now a file;

'Applications' with the same Icon as in the popup with a size of 622bytes.

There nothing in LaunchPad for APP

Help.

Ray W

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@raywuk Ray, in the installer popup you need to drag the APP icon in the popup onto the Applications icon in the popup. Just follow the red arrow in this screenshot:

Screenshot 2022 01 07 at 16.28.38

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raywuk)
Brown Dwarf

Doh, thanks for that.

But now I'm getting this:

Screenshot 2022 01 07 at 15.40.19

Ray W

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@raywuk This is a security feature of macOS. In order to be able to run APP, you need to click the Apple icon on the left in the menu bar and select System Preferences -> Security & Privacy and then select the General tab. There you can give permission to APP to run.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raywuk)
Brown Dwarf

Thanks again.

All sorted now.

Ray W

ReplyQuote
(@anofeles)
Main Sequence Star

Recycling the thread so as not to open another one. Will version 2.00 finally be compatible with Apple operating systems below 11? Catalina, for example (10.15) Thanks in advance...

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mabula is working on that yes.

ReplyQuote
(@jehoener)
Red Giant

I've installed v. 1.083.2 on my Mac, OS X v. 10.10.5.  The program will not open when clicked in Launchpad.  I have allowed permission to open programs from all sources in my Security settings.  Is my OS not compatible?

When the program is newly installed I'm told that it was downloaded from the Internet, and I'm asked if I want to run it.  I answer yes, but the program will not open.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Well, 10.10 is very old indeed (around 2014 I believe), our next beta should have better compatibility with older versions, but I think that will be at around 10.12.6 which can be installed on Macs from 2010 and further.

ReplyQuote
(@anofeles)
Main Sequence Star

@jehoener Try this.

1.- Finder->Applications->Click left button (options) on Astropixelprocessor-> select "Open".

If doesn't work, try that second method

2.- Finder->Applications->Click left button (options) on Astropixelprocessor-> select show content->expand "contents" folder and select "MacOs" folder. Double click on it (expand). Right click on Astropixelprocessor and select "Open". This will open the terminal and, probably, APP.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@jehoener)
Red Giant

Anofeles:  Thanks.  No luck on #1.  #2:  Terminal opened with the following:

Last login: Fri Jun 10 12:09:35 on console
Josephs-MacBook-Pro-124:~ JoesMacBookPro$ /Applications/AstroPixelProcessor.app/Contents/MacOS/AstroPixelProcessor ; exit;
2022-06-10 17:57:56.911 AstroPixelProcessor[699:30512] /Applications/AstroPixelProcessor.app/Contents/MacOS/libpackager.dylib not found.
logout

[Process completed]

This is gibberish to me.  Can you translate?  Thanks!

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Neutron Star

Hi Joseph,

the reason might be You are using APP 1.083.2 which seems to be a 64-bit version if I am not mistaken. To be able to run this You would probably require a MAC OS upgrade to at least 11 (Big Sur) or Monterrey (current version is 12.4). These should be supported by most MACS from 2013 or later (refer to Apple support page to see which version is still supported by your model. Apple decided to move to 64-bit support some years ago. Fortunately, upgrading is very easy in Mac OS thanks to Time machine backup.

32-bit Software development will cease going forward, so if You do not like to upgrade MAC OS, you'd probably need to stick with APP 1.082. This issue is not specific to APP however!

I'd recommend using 64-bit versions as these are much faster. 

regards,

Jochen

ReplyQuote
(@snmair)
White Dwarf

None of these answers work on my macbook.  settings/privacy as stated above.  APP installer pops up a window saying to drag the APP onto the application folder (which i do) then nothing.  it is the same dmg file in the application folder.  So, please help me to install this on my mac?

macbook pro, ventura v 13.1

cheers

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Neutron Star

Hi Stuart,

If You are on Ventura now, You need the 64-bit version. There had been Ventura load issues lately, which were fixed in 2.0.0 beta 7 or later. So I don't think any of the 1.083 versions would run on Ventura, since that came out during 2.0 develpment.I think You would need to upgrade to the latest version (2.0.0 beta9).   (@Mabula please keep me honest here). 

Please be sure to pick the right MAC OS installer (there is one for Apple Silicon and one for Intel Macs)

I am running 2.0.0 beta 9 on MAC OS 12.6.2 and it's running great, faster than old versions....

Good Luck,

Jochen

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @snmair & @jochen-scharmann,

The 1.083 version will never work on macOS Ventura because of further changes in how Apple requires software to be distributed. Hence the new APP 2.0.0 beta's 😉 The latest 2.0.0-beta9 should install and run without issues on macOS Ventura.

Indeed, make sure that you download the right macOS installer for your hardware CPU being either Intel or Apple Silicon (the newer M1/M2 models).

Downloads links are at the top of the forum 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@snmair)
White Dwarf

@mabula-admin Thankyou I will try this, but i forgot to say that I had been trying to install the version 2 beta 9 version.

Further to the above.  All sorted now!  Thankyou all very much. 8)

Thankyou

Stuart

This post was modified 1 year ago by Stuart Mair

ReplyQuote
Share: