Share:

20th March 2020 - APP 1.078 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

AltairAstro 183C debayering and stacking  

RSS

(@davejackson)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 28, 2019 19:20  

I have an Altair Astro 183C (Sony CMOS) camera. Please can you lead me gently into workflow required to process and debayer, and stack RAW frames from this camera?

I like the layout of APP and if I can understand enough of it I will buy a copy! Thanks..

This topic was modified 6 months ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
October 1, 2019 10:34  

So you can follow the tabs from 0 to 9 basically on the left. You load in your data in tab 1, lights and calibration frames and keep all settings like they are for now. Then you press integrate in tab 6. See how far you get with that and post back, happy to help.

ReplyQuote
(@davejackson)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 1, 2019 13:00  

@vincent-mod

Thank you for your patience Vincent! I understand this, but am not sure how to describe the Bayer matrix to the software - or does it recognise it automatically? Is it neccessary to do BIAS frames for CMOS ?  Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
October 1, 2019 13:25  

Yes I would advise to use them, some sensors have issues with short exposed bias frames though. It might detect the sensor automatically, just try it out and see, if not and the frames display as grey, you can go to tab 0 and select "Force CFA". You then remove the lights already loaded and reload them and it should work.

ReplyQuote
(@davejackson)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 1, 2019 14:40  

@vincent-mod

Many thanks Vincent - now all I need is a clear night!

This post was modified 6 months ago by David Jackson

Share: